Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Update - July, 2015

Why I feel compelled to write only when confronted with an 'edge' point, is a bit of a mystery.

I write a fair amount each day, though have not had the urge to do so here in a while.

So what broke the camel's back this time? A combination of one part relief - that I am still considered to be part of Sadiq's study, even though the study has been delayed due to lab funding issues, and two parts supreme frustration with the Subaru car dealership's selling us a lemon and the mechanics putting this admission off as long as possible making me take the bloody thing in 5 times over the past 4 times, and FINALLY getting a phone call in saying they have to replace the brakes and take the engine out to be able to fix a leak in the cam case.

The reassurance from Sadiq's office is oddly not as gratifying than the victory over the mechanics proving that I was right about there being something wrong with the POS car for FOUR months, though obviously much more important.

Yet, I still have no new information as to when my second treatment will happen.

ARGH!

I heard of a story of a participant who had yet to receive any doses and was told that they would not be receiving any due to the funding crisis. To have hope given and then taken away is a situation into which no person with an illness would willingly enter. And this is why the fear of the study not proceeding was very real, and still will be until the second dose goes in.

Thus the satisfaction that the bloody car will be in the shop for at least a few days being taken apart and put back together at Subaru's expense and not mine. Needless to say, this will be the first and last Subaru in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment