Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pinhole of Light at the End of the Tunnel

Patience is not my strongest virtue. Having to be patient, as a patient, while the Tisch MS Center finished fundraising and started building out the new lab to accommodate the study, has been excruciating.

The Subaru is long gone. The Cubs won the World Series! And we finally have a female President! I so wish I could really say that...

However, most notably in my world, we have changed my medication regimen in anticipation that Phase Two of the stem cell trial will actually, finally, truly, positively go forward! (For an explanation of Phase descriptors, click here: http://tischms.org/phases-clinical-trial)

Because the cells will be administered via a spinal tap every three months, it was decided to minimize the number of spinal taps I would be getting. Thus the medicine that was also administered via spinal tap is no more, and an IV drug is now being used to hopefully thwart continued progression.

Changing meds is a big deal, however, I still have more waiting to do. Appointment dates have yet to be assigned for my first date with the cells. Argh.

How do I keep waiting patiently? Tequila. Gin Martinis. My new favorite, The Hugo. And puzzles. Tisch still has the only FDA approved stem cell therapy trial for PPMS patients in this country, and the new lab is almost done! (http://tischms.org/believe-build-begin-fund) So I need to keep being patient.

The tunnel is still long, however at least there is now a pinhole of light at its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment