Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Still Waiting…..

…pretty patiently I might say.

As the end of the second month passes since my stem cell harvest happened in NYC, I am feeling pretty good. And no I have not called to bug the office asking when my first treatment will happen!

Can you believe it? I can't. But it makes sense to be patient on this one. So I am.

Not being so patient with regards to some other things, but for this particular item, I am.

I have found out that the last technical hurdle lobbed up by the FDA has been cleared, so the trial can proceed as planned. Which means that at least one other person will receive their cells this month and another next. And that is the end of the information I know.

My guess is that Tisch MS Center is being hush hush as they do not want to have any information leak out before they are ready to reveal results in a year or so. I bet once participants get treated, they sign a gag order. The one person I 'know' who has already received his cells - the journalist Richard Cohen - has not really said a word on his blog about his condition since his cells were re-injected this past Spring.

Hopefully though, this trial will be like reality shows where what happens gets revealed prior to broadcast. If only Reality Steve had an 'in' with Dr. Sadiq or Richard Cohen and could publish some spoilers every once in a while.

In the mean time, I get to obsess over other things (such as reading The Goldfinch in four days or getting nervous about C starting Kindergarten) and play 'hector projector,' thinking of all sorts of crazy scenarios that might emerge over the coming months. I also get to be diligent about keeping as fit as possible, and as healthy as possible.

So far so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment